Fully-frangible, energy-absorbing, passive-safety posts and masts.
Australia averages 650 deaths per year from single vehicle crashes. Many of these involve impacts with roadside signage and can be prevented through better road infrastructure. The risk of damage to occupants and vehicles is significantly lessened if supporting signage masts yield in the first few milli-seconds.
Passive-safety Artcraft Lattix patent engineered frangible posts and masts achieves just that.
Artcraft Lattix's key attributes.
Square frame Artcraft Lattix trusses’ unique patent profile allows the whole frangible structure to yield upon impact from any direction, incurring less damage to the vehicle and occupants, with a distinct lack of debris.
Our square-frame frangible posts can resist higher wind velocities, support more signage area and load, including asymmetric configurations, all with no risk of twisting or self resonance, providing 25% larger moment capacity.
In most cases, Artcraft Lattix supported signage do not require crash barrier protection. Crash barriers themselves can be a hazard.
Artcraft Lattix can provide up to 62sqm coverage available with less mast.
Our superior pre-formed ground-level link points mean less vehicle damage and potential debris.
Crucial for aviation infrastructure, Artcraft Lattix makes for a safer, more reliable and sustainable airfields. Essential for masts, antennas and towers.
Artcraft Lattix also makes for safer, stronger and cost effective gantries.
High-performing Artcraft Lattix is perfect for frangible posts and masts. They are fully compliant with all Australian State road authorities and certifications, with each component fully traceable.
- Square-frame Artcraft Lattix features a patent profile that ensures the whole of its unique structure is frangible and yields upon impact.
- When hit at any height, direction or speed, Artcraft Lattix tips over the impacting vehicle and falls closer to its original position. This results in less damage to the vehicle and occupants, with a distinct lack of debris, thereby avoiding secondary crashes from following or oncoming vehicles.
- Our engineered footings and components are pre-formed with no need for a slip base. Making for an easier and more stable sign fixing.
- Lattix supported signage does not require crash barrier protection. Crash barriers themselves can be a hazard.
- Artcraft Lattix needs less structure for a similar supporting strength than conventional tubular alternatives and can hold up to 62sqm signs.
- Our engineered open frangible trusses also withstand higher wind velocities than with the solid alternatives with no risk of twisting, providing 25% larger moment capacity.
- Square frame Artcraft Lattix trusses are engineered from ‘soft’ aluminium which achieves three times the elasticity of the equivalent steel alternative.
- Engineered from 100% recyclable aluminium, Artcraft Lattix employs only 5% its original manufacturing energy for re-purposing.
- Aluminium requires less energy complexity to manufacture than plastics.
- Artcraft Lattix uses less materials and components to achieve the same strength.
- Most Artcraft Lattix sign installations do not require crash barrier protection.
- Our square frame engineered frangible ‘soft’ aluminium posts do not rust. Coating or painting is unnecessary.
- Unlike conventional slip-based posts, our preformed lower link points do not need regular re-tensioning.
- Artcraft Lattix square frame is one third of the weight than the equivalent strength of structural steel. Thereby it is faster, safer and cheaper to transport, install and replace.
- Artcraft Lattix features a comprehensive range of components in a full range of lengths (up to 8 metres) and widths for posts, masts and gantries.
- Crucial for aviation infrastructure, Artcraft Lattix makes for a safer, more reliable and sustainable airfields. Essential for air traffic approach light masts, wind cones, antennas, communication towers, perimeter surveillance, automated weather observation equipment, instrument landing systems and of course, the surrounding ground vehicular traffic.
- Artcraft Lattix withstands extreme weather conditions and explosion jet blasts yet yields upon impact from a fragile aircraft wing or vehicle.
- High-performing Artcraft Lattix engineered frangible posts and masts are fully compliant with all Australian State road authorities and certifications, with each component fully traceable.
- Our engineered installations comply with all International, national and state standards.
- In aviation, Artcraft Lattix has been certified compliant to the ICAO safety standards since the 1980s.
- Artcraft Lattix can help the Australian National Road Safety Strategy achieve their 2030/2050 objectives.
- Tested and proven for 35 years to European standards EN12767:2019 certifications.
- Artcraft Lattix engineered trusses have been a feature of Australian roads and airports for over 10 years.
- Internationally, Lattix has had over 100,000 masts installed globally and hundreds of vehicle impacts, with no fatalities reported.